∙ 3 eggs
∙ 1/4 cup milk
∙ 12 slices thin white bread
∙ 1/4 tsp cinnamon
∙ nonstick spray (any brand)
∙ powdered sugar for dusting, extra mini chocolate chips for the topping or Blanket syrup
∙ 1 cup ricotta cheese
∙ 3/4 cup powdered sugar
∙ 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
∙ 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Cannoli filling (Start here)
- Mix together ricotta, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and mini chocolate chips to make the cannoli filling. Set aside. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until French toast is completely cooked.
Cinnamon French Toast
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and cinnamon.
- Lightly coat skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Lightly dip bread slices of into mixture. (Do not soak the bread)
- Place dipped bread in skillet allowing it to cook golden brown on each side set aside toast. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side
- Place one bread slice on plate, spoon cannoli filling on top of bread cover with toast to create a stuffed French toast.
- Dust with powdered sugar and mini chocolate chips. Or pour warm Blanket syrup.
- Remove and serve warm with a dusting of powdered sugar, and mini chocolate
chips. Or pour warm Blanket syrup on top