Chicken Tenders Ingredients
- Chicken tenders
- Spices: Garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
FOR THE MARINADE
· 2 pounds chicken tenders
· 1 cup buttermilk
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/4 teaspoon paprika
FOR THE BREADING
· 1 1/2 cups flour
· 1 teaspoons baking powder
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon pepper
· 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
· 1/2 teaspoon paprika
· 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (Optional)
· 3 tablespoons buttermilk
· Vegetable or canola oil, for frying (Cover the surface of a frying pan with 1/8 inch to 1 inch of oil for pan frying.)
Chicken Tender Instruction
- In a large, ziplock bag, combine the chicken tenderloins with the marinade ingredients. Seal tightly and refrigerate for at least 1-4 hours.
- To make the breading, whisk together the flour and spices in a medium bowl. Add the buttermilk and stir with a fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil. Remove one or two chicken tenders from the bag and toss in the breading mixture to coat. Press the breading firmly onto the chicken. Place coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
- Add about 1 inch of oil to a large frying pan. Heat over medium heat until oil shimmers and reaches a temperature of 350 degrees. Carefully place chicken tenders in hot oil. Do not crowd the pan.
- Cook until chicken is golden brown on both sides, flipping once halfway through cooking. Place cooked chicken tenders on a paper towel lined plate to drain. Fry remaining chicken, adding more oil to the pan as needed. Serve hot.
• 2 cups of Blanket Pancake mix
• Water (get water measurements from packaging)
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
1 tablespoon oil (optional)
1. Oil waffle maker.
2. Add dry and wet ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Cook in waffle iron on medium-high heat for around 5-10 minutes.