CHICKEN & WAFFLES
• 1 cup buttermilk
• Salt and pepper (Optional)
• 2 eggs
• 1 1⁄2cups breadcrumbs
• 1tablespoon butter
• 2tablespoons olive oil
• 2 cups of Blanket Pancake mix
• 1 eggs
• 3/4 cup vegetable oil
• 2 cups milk or water
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
1. Pound chicken tenderloin with a meat mallet (flat side) until thin.
2. Mix buttermilk, salt, pepper in a bowl; place chicken straps in bowl cover with plastic wrap. Put mixture in refrigerator for at least 5 hours or overnight. (This is to ensure tender juicy chicken)
3. Take Tenders out of milk mixture. Use a paper towel to dry tenders.
4. Whip eggs with fork until fluffy.
5. Place chicken in egg mix.
6. Coat each tenderloin with bread crumbs or panko.
7. Heat pan over med/high heat and add butter and olive oil.
8. When pan is heated fry each chicken tenderloin until golden brown.
Note: Because chicken has been tenderized to a thin piece cooking will be faster than usual. Look for a golden color.
1. Oil waffle maker.
2. Add dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the egg yolks, milk, oil, and vanilla, stir slightly.
4. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Cook in waffle iron on medium-high heat for around 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!