CHICKEN & WAFFLES
- Chicken tenders
- Spices: Garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
FOR THE MARINADE
FOR THE BREADING
Chicken Tenders Instruction
- In a large, ziplock bag, combine the chicken tenderloins with the marinade ingredients. Seal tightly and refrigerate for at least 1-4 hours.
- To make the breading, whisk together the flour and spices in a medium bowl. Add the buttermilk and stir with a fork until the mixture is crumbly.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil. Remove one or two chicken tenders from the bag and toss in the breading mixture to coat. Press the breading firmly onto the chicken. Place coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
- Add about 1 inch of oil to a large frying pan. Heat over medium heat until oil shimmers and reaches a temperature of 350 degrees. Carefully place chicken tenders in hot oil. Do not crowd the pan.
- Cook until chicken is golden brown on both sides, flipping once halfway through cooking. Place cooked chicken tenders on a paper towel lined plate to drain. Fry remaining chicken, adding more oil to the pan as needed. Serve hot.
- 2 cups of Blanket Pancake mix
- 1 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk or water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Oil waffle maker.
- Add dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg yolks, milk, oil, and vanilla, stir slightly.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Cook in waffle iron on medium-high heat for around 5-10 minutes.