∙ 2 cups Blanket pancake mix
∙ 1 tsp Powder sugar
∙ ½ cup Blanket syrup any flavor
Ingredients for Custard
- 2 cups half-and- half
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray
- Mix pancake mix with 1 ½ cups of water.
- Pour mixture into the skillet; cook for 1-2 minutes until the bottom is golden brown and small bubbles appear on the top. Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 1-2 minutes.
If the pancakes brown too quickly, reduce the heat to medium-low. Transfer the pancakes to a plate as finished.
- Repeat until all the batter is used, (You should have at least 12 pancakes.)
- Whisk together the half-and- half, vanilla, 5 eggs, 3 tablespoons sugar, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- Shingle the pancakes in the baking dish. Pour the custard mixture evenly over the pancakes.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. This allows the pancakes to soak in the custard.
After pancakes have soaked in custard preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the plastic wrap and bake the casserole until it feels firm yet springy to the touch in the center and the custard is set. Let cool 15 minutes before
Dust with powder sugar (Optional) or Serve warm with Blanket Syrup.